Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Risotto virgin

I'll admit it...this was my first time.  I was nervous since I heard it was difficult, but peer pressure led me to trying it.  (twss)

So, I tried the real simple risotto recipe with the Slammin' Salmon and a side of asparagus.  The meal was DELICIOUS!!  I did a marinade that was similar to the Slammin' Salmon on the asparagus (balsamic, oil, lemon pepper, garlic, soy, a little brown sugar) and it was great. 

My fear in risotto was thrown aside.  Yes, it takes time and attention (Real Simple says that you don't need to hover after you get 1 cup of broth absorbed), but it was totally worth it.  It was smart doing a grill recipe with the risotto since my husband grills and I was able to put my attention to cooking it just right.

Overall, this was a great meal and I will keep the idea of using risotto as a side on the back burner for another perfect dish.

No comments:

Post a Comment