Search This Blog

Saturday, July 14, 2012

My Plan for Menu Planning

I've thought a little more about the logistics of posting these menus for weekly dinners.  I listed my reasoning for wanting to do this, but I didn't mention that I hoped to give other moms, wives, people, etc out there great ideas for good eats.  The benefit of reading and using my blog is that I am going to compile the shopping list for the weekly dinners so that you don't have too.   

My weekly menu goal is to include at least one chicken meal, one fish meal, one beef meal, and one pasta meal.  The recipes that I am using are ones that not only sound good, but that don't sounds too strange.  There is nothing I hate more than cookbooks or recipes with odd ingredients or strange foods that I don't like to eat/cook.  We are honestly making these meals as I post them, so Week 1s meals are our dinner plans for this week.  As I've mentioned in other posts, we do have an 18 month old, so my meals are also keeping her in mind.  My hope is that she will eat the same meal as us, but I will of course have other things on hand if she doesn't like it. 

We always keep salad and fresh/frozen veggies stocked so that we can add them to any meal if we are feeling hungrier than usual or if there isn't a green element to the meal--like the Slammin' Salmon and Risotto for Week 1s menu (we are adding asparagus to the menu). 

I think I will post the weekly dinner menus on Friday or early Saturday so that everyone can get their shopping done over the weekend if they'd like.  If that doesn't work for some, start your weekly dinners whenever you'd like.  Maybe plan to start your week off my going out to eat or eating leftovers in order to give yourself more shopping time.  Do whatever works for you.  I'm just doing this to make my life easier, and I thought I'd go ahead and share my work. 

It seems like people are taking a look at what I have to say and what I am posting, so I hope that means that it is making sense, sounds good to eat, makes you laugh, or just keeping you interested.  Please feel free to post comments on recipes as you make them--I know I will--and add requests for menu items or changes. 

In the words of Thomas, "I hope to be a really useful engine!"

No comments:

Post a Comment