Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Chicken Philly Pasta + New Food Processor = a little too crazy

I recently got a new food processor.  Top of the line, fancy bells and whistles, the whole hootenanny...because we had store credit at Bed, Bath, and Beyond.  Since the Chicken Philly Pasta required chopping veggies, I decided to try out the processor for the first time. 

Once I figured out the correct blades to use, I started chopping.  Onion, green pepper--it was all so quick and easy.  I threw some mushrooms in there and then decided to "jazz" up the recipe a little more.  I threw in two jalapenos (seeds and all) in the mix to add a little spice.  I only shredded 6 oz of swiss since I thought a pound was a lot of cheese.  I put in all in a 13x9 pan, covered it with foil and left it in the fridge to bake later in the day for dinner. 

So, it was delicious....just a little too spicy.  I think next time I will hold back my love of processing my food and only add one jalapeno. 

Changes to the recipe:

Here is the link for the recipe for the Chicken Philly Pasta...
http://allrecipes.com/recipe/chicken-philly-pasta/detail.aspx

I took out the "chicken soup base" primarily because I wasn't quite sure what they meant. 

I added mushrooms (totally fabulous) and 2 jalapenos (next time I will only add 1) since we like a kick in our food. 

I cut back the cheese to 6 oz of Swiss.  I felt like this was fine if you wanted a "skinnier" meal than what the recipe was making. 

I also added some more seasonings than what the recipe called for, such as garlic powder, onion powder, and a little celery seed (I'm a big fan and a place where we used to get some killer cheese steaks used to add it to their mix).

Possible future changes:

I think I would like to try a melting Mexican cheese in the dish next time.  I wanted something creamier.


Overall, I think the recipe is a keeper and I'll definitely make it again. 

Did anyone else try it??  Thoughts, changes, suggestions?? 

No comments:

Post a Comment