Search This Blog

Friday, July 13, 2012

"I look like this because of your daughter."

I know that many things go "down hill" after you have a child--sleep, weight, looks, complexion, sex drive, etc....I've heard it.  I never knew that I'd lose my hair...

My daughter is amazing.  She is creative, talented, funny, and a GREAT hair puller.  It's a fact that Caroline finds comfort in my hair.  Since birth, she's enjoyed twirling my hair when she sits on my lap, when she's tired, and when she's falling asleep.  It's a constant form of comfort for her. 

Tonight, while I was putting her to bed (aka: literally pinning her down to keep her from hopping off of the bed and playing with her toys), she relaxed as I sung to her and she twisted her fingers in the hair around my face.  She twirled and pulled my hair out of my ponytail and I continued to sing and unintelligible lullaby to her until she fell asleep.  Time and time again, my notes were made sharp by a tug and snap of my hair.  I honestly heard 10+ hairs snap from my head. 

In all of the parenting comments, notes, blogs, etc, that I've read, I've heard many comments about childhood behavior, but I've never been told about the hair pulling.  I've asked friends, and yes, other mothers are suffering from the same balding behaviors that trouble me.  So new or expecting mothers, be warned!!  Your little bundle of joy may be after your locks.   

I love my daughter dearly, but when she becomes a mother, I might just have to pull a few hairs out for good measure.  

Nothing but love for my life and my little one,
Jessie

No comments:

Post a Comment