Search This Blog

Saturday, August 4, 2012

No Way to Plan for Life's Crazies

Just when you think things are quieting down and falling into place (or at least an expected pattern), life blows up in your face!!  I thought that last week was a difficult week since we had a party and more "running around" than usual.  Well...this week beats last week to a pulp!  After 1 visit to the ER, and 2 doctor's appointments, my husband was admitted to the hospital for surgery.  I'll spare the details, but it by all means is one of those things that makes you feel old and VERY uncomfortable.

So, here I sit, on a futon in the hospital in the dark, hoping that the most recent pain meds will do something and that my husband will catch a few winks of sleep (aww, darn!!  he just said something)  Not only had I hoped to post my menu for this week today, but I hoped to be further along in my weekly cooking.  Instead, I have three meals remaining this week (and it's Saturday) and have my meals for next week selected, but haven't compiled the shopping list or typed it up.  I'm staying here tonight until he falls asleep, am going to head home for a few hours of sleep for myself, and then will be back dark and early in the morning.

With all of that being said, I am going to have to push back my weekly meal planning/blogging meal plans.  I don't think anyone is following our meals, and I don't even really know if any one has made any of the same meals (IF ONLY SOMEONE WOULD POST A COMMENT!!!  :) ), but I will try to get things figured out in the next week or so to get back on track.  With all of this crazy stuff going on, I've realized that I've been posting some idealistic (crazy cooking/baking) meals that probably don't fit easily into a "typical" work week.  But if this week has taught me anything, it's that there is no such thing as "typical".  Hope everyone reading is healthy and happy (and not in a hospital room).

Take care, Jessie

No comments:

Post a Comment